Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Things will change right?

So, this being my first ever blog post....please forgive me for error's and such, lately i've been second guessing my return to my old job, but i honestly have no choice until i find other work, i've been working with food on and off since i've started working at age 14, i have no professional expierence...i would like some and I've gained better qualities at the place I'm at now and have learned a lot from the other chefs and the sous chef, but not the head chef and i choose not to blog about him. It's really tough being in a workplace where you never get a thank you, or good job...all you get is "you need to make sure you have all this done, on top of having everything done for this, and that, and for the next day" working long hours takes a toll on relationships and friendships, i feel as though the few people i get along with at work are family...i'd much rather have a 8-4 job and have a life....it's a known fact that being a chef in a high end place, you will work long hours and the majority of the people are single....I don't wanna be single, i wanna build on my relationship with my wonderful girlfriend. I think some of you may not know how we actually met, we were internet friends over 10 years ago on "IRC " she had a huge crush on me, i wasn't fully aware of this...She claimed i was to cool for her, i still to this day deny that fact that i was cool at all...we went are separate way's and led our own lives and came across one another on Facebook due to a dear friend who has now past, and we got together and hung out at Dave & Buster's then to go see old friends i haven't seen in 10 years as well, and all it took was one night and we were hooked on each other, anyways....i'll stop babbling about that

I don't wanna go to nuts on my first post, but things will change right?..I don't wanna be surrounded by negative energy anymore, i told Corryn Saturdary night, i feel at home while hanging out with the members of the #f2fpack, it's all positive and that's what i need, i don't do good with negative as most of you know, negative energy makes me just wanna sit and stare at the wall, turn on the tv, eat bad foods and get involved in negative energy and go along with it, yes...i'm shy and nervous around new people, but for those who know me and have just met me, i warm up quickly and i feel that this is the best way for me to get things out and blow off a lil steam and hope to have a lil positive energy as i prepare for the turkey day 5k...Thank you for reading my first ever and certainly not my last blog post...

4 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to wanting to change where you are in your job Nick! Take a look at my schedule and you can totally understand why I grab onto the opportunities I get for social interactions with the #f2fpack.
    I too face very similar issues at work, very rarely do any of us hear good job or are told how integral we are to keeping things running smoothly but when something goes wrong you bet we hear about it. It is almost enough that we want to just quit, or blow up, or something to that effect right? Long hours take their toll on us all.

    I know what it is like to struggle with friendships and relationships, and I know what it is like to finally find that spark of energy that you want. You start to crave it. I think we need to try and get the pack together during these long winter months for something, maybe an outing at the trampoline place out in maplegrove/plymouth area? Something to blow off some steam and just have fun, but be active. :)
    Welcome to blog world sweets! Gear up for the gobble gobble 5k! You are gonna rock it! You got my # if you need anything anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you finally started blogging! It's yet another key to help you get to where you want to go. Sometimes, you'll use the blog to sort through complicated issues and situations. Other times, you'll come here to shout to the world how awesome you are. But no matter what you're posting about, writing things out does help. You may not be where you want to be yet, but you'll surely get there!!

    Looking forward to seeing you at the TD5K (Sean and I are both running!).

    ~~Kelly @ Dream. Strive. Succeed.
    http://www.dreamstrivesucceed.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Welcome to blogging Nick! It feels so good just to write out your feelings and let them go onto the *electronic* page.

    Jobs can be so frustrating especially when they try and dictate the hours you work, don't give you kudos, and they make you too exhausted to deal with the rest of life!

    Being surrounded by positive energy, people you love and friends that support you is the best remedy! We <3 hanging out with you Nick!

    Not everyone has it out for you, just the unimportant pithy people at work. So keep your chin up, have it out on your blog, get positive vibes from us and life will get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as someone who has worked there for more than three years (that is really depressing) things there will never change...
    what you need to do is stay strong while you're doing your time until you find something better, because i do believe you will...
    it's character building! at least that is what i tell myself :)

    ReplyDelete